WC101 INTRODUCTION TO WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS
In this Introduction to Workers’s Compensation Claims, you will gain a basic understanding of the tenets of workers’ compensation. It is recommended for individuals planning to enroll in IEA’s Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration (WCCA) Certificate program or for anyone wanting a general overview of the California workers’ compensation system. This program provides an overview of the basic principles and terminology of workers’ compensation.
This is a live and in person 2 day workshop. Prior to the workshop you will need to login to your learning dashboard to access download your course materials to bring to the class. After the course is finished, you will need to again login to complete the course survey. Once this is done, you can download your certificate of attendance.
- Exploring history of the California workers’ compensation claims system
- Understanding benefits provided
- Learning workers’ compensation claims terminology
- Comprehend concepts and processes of AOE/COE, medical treatment, temporary and permanent disability, and the litigation process
- Those new to workers’ compensation claims
- Those considering a move to workers’ compensation claims
- Those employed by third party administrators
- Those employed by self-insured employers
- HR professionals
- Benefit Professionals
- Disability management professionals
- Risk management professionals
- Safety professionals
- Staff of law firms handling workers’ compensation claims
On Demand: A self-directed and self- paced online course that provides a comprehensive interactive overview of the basic principles of workers’ compensation claims.
BLENDED LEARNING – ON-DEMAND MODULES WITH LIVE INSTRUCTOR LED WEBINARS
Dates & Times
1/26/2021, 11:30am-12:30pm PST
2/02/2021, 11:30am-12:30pm PST
2/09/2021, 11:30am-12:30pm PST
2/16/2021, 11:30am-12:30pm PST
**NOTE** First On-demand modules must be completed prior to the first live instructor led webinar.
SP21: WC101 OL Cornelow